The PublicsLab is conducting a search for a postdoctoral fellow for the 2021–2022 academic year in the area of humanities entrepreneurship. This position is intended to provide a recent PhD graduate of The Graduate Center with funding and support while they develop an idea for a business or organization related to the research they did in during their PhD program. Other responsibilities and requirements are laid out in detail in the job description. The deadline for application is 16 April 2021.
Applicants from across the humanities and the humanistic social sciences are welcome. This is a one-year position, with a salary of $67,000, plus benefits. Applicants should be able to commit to having their degree in hand by August 25, 2021, and they should not be more than five years out from having earned their degree.
For questions, please contact Stacy Hartman, director of the PublicsLab, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please view the complete job posting for full details about the position.***
Job Title: Research Associate (Post-doctoral Fellow)
Location: Graduate Center
The PublicsLab at the Graduate Center announces a post-doctoral fellowship for a recent PhD in the humanities or humanistic social sciences who wishes to pursue an entrepreneurial venture that draws on their training in the academy. Since 2018, the PublicsLab has encouraged doctoral students and faculty to engage in scholarship that is accessible to the public, deepens our understanding of burning issues, and spurs social change. The PublicsLab also supports the training of doctoral students for a variety of careers, in and beyond the academy, and addresses broader issues of equity and inclusion within the academy.
The PublicsLab regularly sponsors workshops, events, conferences, fellowships, internships, and departmental grants, and serves as a resource for the CUNY community.
The Postdoctoral fellow will report to Dr. Stacy Hartman, director of the PublicsLab. This position is for 1 year.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develops a business plan for an organization or business, based on the skills, training, and knowledge acquired through PhD;
- Pursues a related research agenda;
- Be an active participant in the PublicsLab and attends events;
- Develops a workshop series on entrepreneurship for doctoral and master’s students;
- Provides mentorship and guidance to graduate students interested in humanities entrepreneurship;
- Interacts with graduate students, PublicsLab practitioners, and other members of the PublicsLab community
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Doctoral Degree in a related field and demonstrated research ability.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Doctoral degree in a humanities or humanistic social science
- Doctorate degree in hand by the start of the fellowship, August 25, 2021 but be no more than five years beyond the granting of the PhD.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans.
HOW TO APPLY
View the full job posting [cuny.jobs] on the CUNY website to apply.
The following are all required:
- Resume or CV (up to 3 pages).
- Proposal for the business or organization you wish to develop, including how it connects to the work you did in your PhD studies (up to 4 pages).
- Contact details for three (3) professional references, including the name, title, and organization of each referee, their telephone numbers and email addresses.
Please upload all documents as one file as a PDF.
April 16, 2021
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.