Date(s) - 02/21/2019
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Organized by the Office of Career Education and Professional Development. Co-sponsored by the PublicsLab.
Location: The Graduate Center, 365 Fifth Ave., Room 9205.
As you look beyond The Graduate Center, why should you consider taking a job––and starting a career––in fundraising? Because, in fundraising (a.k.a. “advancement” and “development”), you
- Powerfully advance the mission of a non-profit
- Engage donors with a cause
- Focus the aims of a purpose-driven organization by sharpening its pitch
- Employ the research, writing, communication, interpersonal, and even teaching skills that you honed at the GC
- Enter into a field meant to grow 15% in the next ten years–much faster than the average occupation
- Work in one of the best-compensated areas of the non-profit world
At our Careers in Nonprofit Development event, a panel of GC alumni will discuss both how they moved from the Graduate Center into careers in fundraising and the field’s benefits. Our panelists include
- Katya Ilina (PhD, German), Director of Development Operations, Yale School of Management
- Brooke Bryant (PhD, Musicology), Director of Development, Kaufman Music Center
- Timothy Wilson (MPhil, French), Manager of Foundation Relations, The Carnegie Hall Corporation
Please come––to learn about a career in nonprofit development!
Please tell us you are coming: RSVP here.